D IMG_5652 E letter A letter M

Friday, July 30, 2010

Tool #4: Google Documents and Google Reader

This tool was not as much fun as the last one. I was very excited about the possibilities of collaborating with others with greater ease by using Google Docs, but it was frustrating when it became difficult to share a document. Even though I had sent an invitation for another user to be able to view and make changes to my documents, I still received emails to approve the user. This seems like an unnecessary extra step. It also took several tries for the documents to load successfully. If these issues become easier, I do see how powerful Google Docs can be in many aspects of school.
Keeping up with the latest news on education can be a challenge. Google Reader quickly places articles on the different topics in one place for me to view. I see this as a useful tool in keeping up with my own personal growth and then sharing the most interesting with others in our learning community.

No comments:

Post a Comment